Best Website Speed Test: Site Checker 2017 | UPDATED
Website load speed is significant for the website development. This index shows the user’s attitude to a website and to search engines (position of a website in search results). A website is being created for people, therefore it should be useful, available at all times, and website pages should load as fast as possible in the user’s browser. If a website is loading slow, then a user may not have enough patience to wait for a website to upload.
This article elaborates on how to check the website load speed and what online services can be used to do this. There are lots of them on the Internet, but I decided to choose some them which I like most and which are in demand among webmasters.
What does fast load of a website give you?
- Availability: a web resource (website) becomes available and convenient to use for users of personal computers and mobile devices;
- Efficiency: growth of the website load page positively impacts conversion and sales from website, it also enhances confidence of users;
- SEO: such search engines as Google and Bing encourage fast websites and improve their position in search results, the slow ones get the opposite.
Such servers do not speed up your website, but just provide the assessment of the website load, point out mistakes in optimization and give pieces of advice, and if you are amenable to them, you will be able to accelerate the loading process of your website.
Google PageSpeed Insights
“Google PageSpeed Insights” is a popular platform with the help of which you can test the loading speed of your website. To do this you need to enter the website address in a particular bar, then press the “Analyze” and wait for some time. After that you will get the result of an analysis with all suggestions on how to eliminate imperfections of your website to make the page load faster. I suppose your website is not perfect, so you should expect some recommendations.
Site Speed is a simple and at the same time powerful platform for the analysis and testing of your website load page, its availability, the speed of a connection to a hosting and the website optimization. The analysis results show the general loading time, webpage generation time and the size of all files on your website. Aside from that you get recommendations on the hosting settings, on how to improve its performance and some advice on the website optimization.
To get the detailed report you need to type your e-mail address in a particular field, and if you do not want to get your e-mail address exposed, use a temporary address.
GTmetrix provides an opportunity to analyze your website’s speed and provides the view on how fast the web resource loads. The platform also provides good recommendations on how to optimize your website.
Key characteristics of the platform:
- It shows the website loading speed, the page size and the number of requests;
- It provides recommendations on how to improve the website performance;
- It rates your site according to the American system where the “А” stands for “excellent”, and “F” – for “bad”;
- It provides reports in the “waterfall” manner;
And if you sign up you can get the whole history of your tests and results.